Imperial is an African focused provider of integrated market access and logistics solutions. With a focus on the following key industries – healthcare, consumer, automotive, chemicals, industrial and commodities – we take our clients’ and principals’ products to some of the fastest growing and most challenging markets in the world. As a leading global logistics provider, we seek out and leverage new technology to deliver innovative, end-to-end solutions. Through our significant African footprint and international expertise, and with the support of our 25,000 people, Imperial’s purpose is to connect Africa and the world – and to improve people’s lives with access to quality products and services. Imperial became a wholly owned business of DP World in March 2022. For more information: www.imperiallogistics.com
- Imperial’s Logistics Africa business, is the leading logistics supplier in South Africa, and one of the largest on the African continent, providing Contract Logistics, Road Freight and Lead Logistics Provider solutions.
- Imperial Logistics International business, has its headquarters in Duisburg, Germany and is responsible for all Group logistics activities (including Contract Logistics and Freight) outside of Africa.
- Imperial’s Market Access business builds complex route-to market solutions that provide principals access to patients and consumers across Africa through comprehensive channel strategies that integrate sourcing, sales, demand generation, distribution, marketing and promotions.
To control all maintenance activities within the workshops with particular emphasis on the truck tractor and tanker fleet.
Key performance areas:
- Ensure that all maintenance repairs, rebuilds, overhauls and services are in accordance with both the manufacturer’s technical specifications & Tanker Services Technical procedure manual.
- Responsible for all HSSE in the workshop and adhere to the OSH Act, Trade & Metrology Act and relevant legal compliances
- Ensure that final inspections are performed on all completed maintenance repairs, rebuilds, overhauls and servicing actions to ensure a quality and reliable vehicle is delivered to the customer.
- Investigate all breakdowns daily and take appropriate action.
- Inspect the quality of work performed by subcontractors and report all deficiencies.
- Ensure high HSSE practices and standards are maintained daily.
- Supervise the storage and disposal of all hazardous materials in the prescribed manner.
- Manage & Control stock on site
- Control costs/ expenditure daily
- Grade 12
- Must be a qualified Diesel Mechanic
- Code 14 license with PDP
Skills and experience required:
- At least 3 years supervisory experience
- Computer literacy
- Sound communication, interpersonal, administrative and conflict management skills
- Must be able to work on standby as and when required
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision and be self disciplined
We are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting and as such preference will be given to candidates who fall within our equity targets. Should you not have received a response within 4 weeks of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Transportation, Logistics, Supply Chain and Storage and Truck Transportation